LADOO


LADOO


Ladoo was my first sweet which I tried out on my 7th grade annual school holidays......I myself was very much surprised to see the outcome.... my family members appreciated me it inspired me to try more dishes ........ That was my first step in making sweets......I tried it with one cup of flour when my mum was having a nap in afternoon.......my mum had orange color [kesari] powder so my ladoos were in orange color which was looking odd for those days [Now we can see some sweet stalls selling orange ladoos]...My cousin brother makes fun of me even now when we get to see other.........


Ladoos

Ingredients :

Gram Flour  (Besan)                  – 2 cups

Water                                           – 2 cups

Sugar                                           – 2 cups

Oil                                                – 2 cups

Ghee                                             – 4 tbsp

Raisins & Cashew nuts       – 3 tbsp each 

Cardamom Powder                      – 2 tsp

METHOD:

In a heavy saucepan, add 1 cups  water to the sugar and bring to the boil. 

Remove the dirt from the surface. 

Boil mixture until it is a syrup of one-string consistency,

Remove from the heat add yellow color  and powdered cardamoms. Set aside.

Sift the besan flour into a bowl. Add enough water to make a thick batter [idli batter] consistency.

Heat oil in a pan. Drop a ladle full of the batter through a ladoo ladle..

Fry until slight crisp.Add these  boondis  to the sugar syrup.

Continue until all the batter has been used.

Sauté the cashew nuts and raisins in 4 tbsp ghee. And add to the ladoo mixture. 

Shape ladoos into small balls when it warm.


Ladoos










No comments:

Post a Comment